Tomorrow I will be a panelist for one of the sessions at the Pittsburgh Craft Collective’s The Business of Craft workshop.I am sitting here at my computer putting together some links and ideas on how I use social media – blogs, facebook, twitter – for IheartPGH and some of the other projects I manage for work. I thought it might be interesting to have a conversation here in the comments about how other Pittsburgh groups, businesses, blogs, non-profits are using online tools.
Some questions to think about
- Which tool is easiest to use and gives you the best result
- What tools and ideas have worked the best?
- What ideas haven’t worked?
- What other businesses and organizations are doing a good job using the web to keep people informed?
- How do you keep track of who and what you want to follow? Google reader? Hootsuite? Tweetdeck? Others?
Please feel free to share and ask questions in the comment.
Some related reading about social media…
- Social Media For Non-Profit Organizations (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Top 6 Social Media Mistakes And How to Fix Them (socialmediaexaminer.com)
- Why Do the Most Popular Social Networks Fail to Satisfy Consumers? (veryofficialblog.com)
- 7 Steps For a Successful Social Media Strategy (socialmediaexaminer.com)
- 7 pragmatic questions businesses should ask about social media (thehumanracehorses.com)