Blues, Pool Parties, Free Scuba Lessons, Vintage Car Racing – Radio Round Up – July 23, 2010
Here is the list of things we talked abbout on WDVE this morning. You can hear our weekend picks most Friday mornings at 6:45 on 102.5FM.
- Benefits Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday (July 23-25, 2010) @ Hartwood Acers
- Friday is FREE with a donation of a bag of groceries to the Food Bank
- Saturday + Sunday, July 24-25, 10am-4pm
- Lessons take 45-60mins
- Bring a towel, they will supply the wet suits
- Saturday, July 24, 2010 @ The Union Project
- Day long workshop for anyone interested in starting/running a small business
- Lots of info about using the web and social media to promote your business
- Here is a chance to see where your food comes from
- Saturday, July 24, 2010 10am-6pm
- $10 per car load gets you in to visit 20+ farms in Western PA
- Surfs Up on Saturday, July 24, 6pm – $5 Music in the deep end of the pool – Enjoy the sounds of 1960s surf rock from DJ Zombo and other bands from Pittsburgh and Hunstville, Alabama
- Deep Sky Star Party on Sunday, July 25, 8-11pm – telescopes, star gazing and star mappers from Google will be there showing you how to find those constellations you can’t ever seem to find again.
- Saturday and Sunday (July 24-25) @ Schenley Park
- Vintage car show and races all day!
- Concert on Walnut St. in Shadyside
- Saturday Evening
- July 24 – Survivor and Alexis Grace finalist from American Idol season 8
- Franktuary is now on the go – in addition to their downtown shop they now have a truck that makes stops around the city. You can even request that they make a stop at your office. Local hot dogs can now come to you.
- Look for the Franktuary truck on Friday on the Southside – Jane St. between 25th and 27th.
- Follow @Frantuary on Twitter for other stops