In case you haven’t noticed, Pittsburgh is a sports town. Pittsburghers are and not just serious about watching sports- but playing sports too.
Thanks to one of our Facebook fans for letting us know about this upcoming Sand Volleyball Tournament. For me, just the word volleyball evokes bad memories of grade school gym clasess – but I know that there are a number of people who love volleyball.
The Sportsnuts Meet Up Group is organizing their first 4-on-4 Volleyball Tournament for this Saturday. It looks like this group organizes other leagues too – the meet up page links to a roller-hockey league and a cornhole/beanbag league.
4-on-4 Volleyball Tournament
Saturday, July 24, 2010 – 10am
Sand Volleyball Courts, Robert Morris University
Teams and Individual players may sign up.
- Teams may consist of up to 6 players but keep in mind at least one female must be on the court at all times.
- Cost to play is $100/team
- the goal is for all teams to play all other teams at least once before the playoffs.
- Rally scoring will be in effect
- the format will be 4 vs 4.
- Players will not need to rotate their positions except to serve.
- This tournament is open to anyone over the age of 18.
- Prizes for first place will be cash and a trophy.
Looking for other sports leagues in Pittsburgh – the PSL (Pittsburgh Sports League) offers many different sports each season. If you know of other sports leagues in town please share a link in the comments.