Most Friday mornings at 6:45 am, you can listen to IheartPGH talk live with Jim and Randy on the WDVE morning show about things to do in Pittsburgh on the weekend. Here is our list of events and links to more information for this weekend….
- Saturday, June 12, 2010 10am-6pm
- A serious Chili festival – sanctioned by the International Chili Society
- Participants can compete in three categories: Red Chili, Chili Verde and Salsa. Over $5,000 in cash prizes with a $2,000 prize to the 1st place Red Chili! Portion of event proceeds to benefit the Farmington Volunteer Fire Department!
- Saturday, June 12, 2010 Noon-6pm is the South Point Breeze Block Party
- Family activities and live music. Billy Price performs at 5pm
Rock the Streets – local music and more to raise awareness of homelessness in Pittsburgh
- Saturday, June 12, 8pm-Midnight @ Shadow Lounge, Ava and the Waffle Shop
- One big bad party to benefit CHS – Community Human Services
- Attend the event at Shadow Lounge and Ave or have a waffle at the waffle shop – all proceeds benefit CHS
- Great line up of local music – The Jim Dandies, Ben Hardt and lots more.
A Night at the Races – Benefits Dormont Athletic Boosters Association
- Saturday, June 12, 2010 – 8pm-Midnight @ Dormont Recreation Center
- $10 includes drinks, $10 a horse
- Sunday, June 13, 2010 – Noon – 11pm @ Strip District – corner of 21st and Smallman
- Food, music, dancing
- Mass followed by procession of St. Anthony
- Trolleys to St. Anthony Chapel on Troy Hill
- The Mattress Factory’s Urban Garden Party is one of the events of the summer
- Local blogger James Forman is hosting a contest to give away a ticket to the event
- Entries open until Tuesday
- Free movies at city parks all summer long!
- Wed, June 16 – Star Trek will be shown at Schenley Park.