I just wanted to post a brief update about the Steeler Bar Tour before the game tomorrow. First of all thank you to everyone who has helped to get this project going – when I first posted about this in August I had no idea we would get this much support- I promise I will get lots more links and thank yous posted in the next few days.
A quick recap of what happened thus far:
- Awesome Steelers Bar Map has been added to the site – people have already submitted bars all over the country and even one in London. – http://iheartpgh.com/steeler-bar-map/
- We watched the first game of the season here in Pittsburgh at Sidelines in Millvale – more photos coming soon. Thanks to everyone who submitted their favorite places to watch the game in Pittsburgh.
- Created our own hash tag for all things Steeler Bar #STLRbar – please share your tweets, photos and blog posts by adding #STLRbar
- Thanks to an IheartPGH reader we learned about Ken Hypes who is making a film about these Steelers Bars. Last week we used our JetBlue All-u-can-jet pass to meet up with Ken in New York – of course we met him at a Steelers Bar. Check out the trailer here.
- Had a great conversation with the folks from Iron City about their Steeler Bar website – http://www.onecityonenation.com/ and the Steel City Mafia.
Next stop CHICAGO! tomorrow – we are meeting up with Ken and his crew in Chicago to check out the Iron City/Steel City Mafia tailgate and to watch the game at the Dark Horse. If you are going to e in Chicago for the game let us know iheartpgh – at – gmail.com.
Lots more to come!!!!