One of the other things I talked about on WDVE this am is the Zipcar low-car diet that just ended last week. Pittsburgh is one of the 50+ city that has Zipcars parked around town. Once you are a member, you can reserve a car online and drive it when you need it.
I know Pittsburgh is a driving town – but if you are a student and just need to use a car once in a while for a trip to the grocery store or Ikea – or maybe you have a car for your family but once in a while you need to use a pick up truck – is the perfect solution. The hourly rate is about $10 and that includes gas AND insurance.
If you are thinking of joining use this link to sign up and get $25 in driving credit.
Some more blog reading about Zipcar
- Trend Watch: Recession giving Zipcar new appeal (dailyfinance.com)
- $35 for Zipcar Membership plus $50 Credit ($125 Value) (thepoint.com)
- Zipcar announces upcoming iPhone app (tuaw.com)
- Robin Chase on the Birth of Zipcar and the Future of Transportation (Part One) (treehugger.com)
- Yellow Light At The Intersection Of Zipcar And Local Government [Zipcar] (consumerist.com)
- Portland Mayor Joins Commuters’ Low-Car Diet (treehugger.com)