- Friday, August 21, 2009, 6-9pm at Towne Tavern on Carson St.
- $5 Benefits Animal Friends
- The world convention of pogo stick lovers is coming to Pittsburgh.
- They will be bouncing around town from August 18-22.
- August 22 – Pogo festivities for all at Schenley Plaza
- This should be a sight to see – this is a gathering of the pogo athletes – their website says “best extreme pogo athletes in the world”
- More info at PopCityMedia
- Lawrenceville hosts a flea market on Saturdays from 10am-5pm
- Corner of 36th and Butler St.
- While you are there check out some of the new coffee shops and restaurants that have opened along Butler St.
- Yes this is a real rodeo – and one of the largest east of the Mississippi –
- Saturday, August 22, 2009, 8pm @ the North Washington Rodeo Arena in Butler, PA (who knew there was a rodeo arena near by?)
- Dinners are served nightly at the North Washington Social Hall from 4-6:30pm
- Want to meet some new people – join the group from MeetIn to attend.
- Clog dancing comes to the Carnegie Library in Oakland
- “Unique and exciting clogging routines from the Coal Country Cloggers
have thrilled audiences at festivals and in theaters in 15 states and
Canada with stunning and innovative pieces that transcend traditional
boundaries and explore clogging as a dance form. In the Quiet Room on
the first floor.”
- Sunday, August 23, 2009 – 2pm in the Quiet room (I love that this is in the quiet room)
- Last weekend for Cinema in the Park – Wall E – Free
- Friday 8/21 – Arsenal Park, Lawrenceville
- Saturday 8/22 – Grandview Park, Mt. Washington
- Sunday 8/23 – Schenley Park, Oakland
- Monday 8/24 – Beatty St., East Liberty
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan – Friday and Saturday at the Oaks in Oakmont