Support our National Steeler Bar Tour this Fall!

andras, ready to rumble
Image by macwagen via Flickr

You want to do what? We want to spend each sunday in September and maybe beyond visiting with Steelers fans in Steeler bars across the county.

The InspirationJetBlue is offering an all-you-can-jet pass for the month of September. We have been wanting to take a tour and visit Pittsburghers around the country and this seems like the prefect opportunity to start that journey. Since September is prime football season this seems like a perfect time to find Pittsburghers at their local Steelers bars.

Why Steeler Bars and not Steelers games? There are lot more fans out there than have tickets to a Steeler game. We want to meet the Pittsburghers who celebrate together outside of Pittsburgh.

We need your help to get this trip started. So we are reaching out to the Pittsburgh community to see if there is any interest and to help sponsor the tour.

We need to raise at least $500 by August 21st so we can get our JetBlue all you can jet passes. If the tour goes well we hope to continue to visit Steelers bars in Oct and Nov too! And of course we will blog, twitter and flickr each stop! The more we can raise the more people we can bring along – would be great to bring along a photographer and camera man (maybe we can make this into a steeler bar documentary).

Whats in it for you? Here is what we are offering…

• If you donate $10 – your link will be included on the IheartPGH blog roll on the front page and the links page
  • If you donate $25 – IheartPGH T-shirt or Tote bag and your link will be included on the IheartPGH blog roll
  • If you donate $30 – A blog post about you/your blog/your website on IheartPGH
  • If you donate $60 – IheartPGH T-shirt or Tote bag, Blog Post and your link on the IheartPGH blog roll
  • If you donate $100 – Blog post, link included on the IheartPGH blog roll, T-shirt, Tote Bag AND a Mrs. D Pierogi Ornament
  • If you donate $250 – We will wear your logo on the back of the official tour t-shirt at each stop
  • If you donate $500 – We will come to a Steeler Bar in your city (if we can get there via JetBlue) and buy you an Iron City Beer

UPDATE: We raised the first $500 – THANK YOU PITTSBURGH!
YOU can still support the tour Click here to learn more about Supporting IheartPGH and the Steelers Bar Tour

UPDATE: We are using ThePoint.com to collect contributions – you only donate if we reach our goal! So if we don’t collect enough contributions to reach our goal – your card will not be charged.

Please consider making a contribution and help us spread the word! Stop by IheartPGH.com and share your ideas for the trip – favorite Steeler bars, best pierogies outside of Pittsburgh, best fan clubs – we want to know about it!

PS – we are open to other sponsor ship ideas too (no I will not tattoo your blog url on my arm) but I will wear it on a hat.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Lindsay About Lindsay

Lindsay has been writing about Pittsburgh for as long as she has been blogging - but fortunately there are lots of great things about Pittsburgh to share. She likes pretzels from the Pretzel Shop on Carson St., used book stores, her rollerblades and she hopes to learn to skateboard someday soon. Lindsay is also working on BlogLocal which is building a map of blogs with local content.

Comments

1. anonymouse says:

Sorry, but this is the gayest thing ever. Stop.

2. anonymouse says:

Sorry, but this is the gayest thing ever. Stop.

3. sqhillmom says:

Donate? Are you a non-profit org?

4. If you go to NYC! You have to go to Hibernia, its on 50th and 9th. It was my steelers home away from home for the past few seasons!!! Good luck with the tour! Its a great idea!

5. iheartpgh says:

No – we are just bloggers. Maybe we should use the word contribute instead.

6. I love the Steeler bar tour idea; great use of JetBlue's offer! I donated $10 for a link, $30 for a blog post. How do you want my blog info? If I had actual twitter followers, I would RT this. sorry.

7. Anonymous says:

Donate? Are you a non-profit org?

8. If you go to NYC! You have to go to Hibernia, its on 50th and 9th. It was my steelers home away from home for the past few seasons!!! Good luck with the tour! Its a great idea!

9. Anonymous says:

I love the Steeler bar tour idea; great use of JetBlue’s offer! I donated $10 for a link, $30 for a blog post. If I had actual twitter followers, I would RT this. sorry.

10. Check out Steelers In Hoboken if you are in the NYC area. Best Steelers bar in NJ, hands down. <a href="http://www.steelersinhoboken.com” target=”_blank”>www.steelersinhoboken.com

11. Check out Steelers In Hoboken if you are in the NYC area. Best Steelers bar in NJ, hands down. http://www.steelersinhoboken.com

12. Hangar 17 in Sacramento, CA is definitely a Steelers bar!

13. Anonymous says:

Hangar 17 in Sacramento, CA is definitely a Steelers bar!

14. amandahiggins says:

Go to Cave Creek Arizona, North of Phoenix. Harold's is the name of the place and it completely rocks when it comes to being away from Pittsburgh for a game. Website http://haroldscorral.com/ Check it aht! You won't be disappointed! Gooo Steelers!

15. Anonymous says:

Go to Cave Creek Arizona, North of Phoenix. Harold’s is the name of the place and it completely rocks when it comes to being away from Pittsburgh for a game. Website http://haroldscorral.com/ Check it aht! You won’t be disappointed! Gooo Steelers!

16. iheartpgh says:

Thanks for the suggestion! I think this is the first one in AZ we have seen! I am adding it to the list now!

17. Try the Outta the Way Cafe in Derwood, MD near Gaithersburg/Rockville. Awesome, Steeler towels and pierogies a plenty. Play the fight song after scores. Love it.

18. Try the Outta the Way Cafe in Derwood, MD near Gaithersburg/Rockville. Awesome, Steeler towels and pierogies a plenty. Play the fight song after scores. Love it.

19. Thanks for the suggestion – I had not seen that one yet! I have added it to the Steeler Bar Map! http://www.outta.com/steelersfootball.htmlhttp://iheartpgh.com/steeler-bar-map/

20. Hello Guyz I added this post to my article site. You can view this here.respectjames kails______________________________________________Portrait from photo | Prada Bags | debt management service

21. i would love to read more from you on thisHave a nice dayjames orel______________________________________________Online stock trades | cctv system | Answering Services

22. This a good blog where some valuable post available. How the idea about language exchange? Many of the people are on blog for commercial need. Different language have different need. Some are link exchange. This are not welcoming. Welcome to you!

23. welcome and congratulation to you from Trailers for Sale. blog theme is nice. I got one best topic here. Many many thanks

24. welcome and congratulation to you from Trailers for Sale. blog theme is nice. I got one best topic here. Many many thanks

25. This a good blog where some valuable post available. How the idea about language exchange? Many of the people are on blog for commercial need. Different language have different need. Some are link exchange. This are not welcoming. Welcome to you!

26. go to Angels and Kings! lots of HD screens, great food/drink (think Primantis on a bagel)… and best of all Iron City beer!!! you feel just like home. e play all the games with sound. East 11th St. and Avenue A in the east village. http://www.angelsandkings.com

27. go to Angels and Kings! lots of HD screens, great food/drink (think Primantis on a bagel)… and best of all Iron City beer!!! you feel just like home. e play all the games with sound. East 11th St. and Avenue A in the east village. http://www.angelsandkings.com

28. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.n

Trackbacks

1. [...] usually blog this early in the morning, but I stopped by to see if anyone was tweeting about our National Steeler Bar Tour and I stumbled upon something a little more important than Steelers bar in the land of Pittsburgh [...]

2. [...] for the project. I sent around some emails and got a good response from some friends. I put up the post and fundraising challenge yesterday to see if there was any interest in supporting a tour of Steelers bar – I never expected to [...]