If you like beer – then you may have heard about this event – which has become one of the top beer drinking events in town and just as important – all of the proceeds from the event benefit Construction Junction. Tickets for the 2009 Steel City Big Pour went on sale this morning – get them before they are gone.
- Event Date: September 13th
- There are two sessions: 12-3p and 5-8p (separate tickets required for each session)
- Tickets are $45 in advance, no tickets will be sold at the door. (Note: there are no service charges on top of the $45)
- $20 Designated Driver tickets
- Tickets are ONLY available over the web at Proartstickets.org
- 30 craft breweries in attendance, including: Stone, Oskar Blues, Bell’s, East End, Ommegang, Unibroue, Fat Head’s Cleveland, Southern Tier, Terrapin, Dogfish Head, Great Lakes, Founder’s, and many more…
- Over 20 local restaurants will be providing delicious offerings, including Harris Grill, Mad Mex, Dee’s Dogs, Oh Yeah!, Piper’s, Istanbul Grill, Point Brugge, Six Penn, Sharp Edge, the list goes on…
- We will again feature special Belgian and Organic sections, plus an East End brew made exclusively for the Big Pour!
- Also featuring live hot glass and concrete pours, live music, chainsaw art, kegerator auction, all around good times.
- Location: CJ is at the corner of N. Lexington & Meade St, just one block off Penn Ave in Point Breeze
- For much more information and to read reviews of last year’s event, go to the Big Pour event website: http://www.steelcitybigpour.com
- Stay tuned for more details, and check the website often for event updates.
We ask that you find other modes of transportation to avoid drinking and driving. Consider riding a bicycle if you have one, or consider taking public transit (Or ride your bike there, and put it on the bus on the way back, cuz you can do that now!)
- Several Port Authority buses run in the vicinity of CJ:
- 67A >From Sq. Hill/ Oakland
- 74A >From Greenfield/ Sq. Hill
- 71C from Shadyside/Oakland/Downtown
- EBA from Shadyside/Downtown (about a 5-minute walk)
- 21+ years only with valid ID. Please do not bring teenager, small children or infants.
- We are still looking for sponsors, so if you or your organization is interested, please contact me for more information!
- If you are interested in volunteering, drop me a line and I’ll connect you with the right people.