As if a Sunday evening of bowling at Arsenal Lanes wasn’t great enough…
Sunday, July 26, 2009 – 9pm – Lebowski Bash2009 – Arsenal’s Tribute to The Big Lebowski. Lebowski tunes and bowling prize giveaways!
The Trib recently profiled DJ Swank Cat – this is my favorite question and answer from the article.
Q: What is one of the weirdest things that has happened while performing?
A: Printable? Hmm … because of technology, I’ll play a song and everyone will get out their cell phones, whether it’s an iPhone or one of the other phones that can interpret what the song is and then tell them what the song is. So it’s funny. I’ll be playing and all of a sudden all these hands will come up holding these glowing phones trying to figure out what the song is. And more often than not, it won’t show up on the phones, which is great.
Here are some other recent posts about Arsenal Lanes:
- Digging Pitt – has some great photos of bowling pin art
- Only In Pittsburgh – a great photo of the doors to the lanes
- Null Space – links to an article about Lawrenceville in The Financial Times
- City Paper – Best of 2008
More blog posts about The Big Lebowski…
- Lebowski Fest Is Coming To Tukwila’s ACME Bowl Tues. July 21st (b-townblog.com)
- The Big Lebowski by Jim Horwat (laughingsquid.com)
- ‘The Dude’ gets Key to the Universe (fremontuniverse.com)
- An Interview with Lebowski Fest Founding Dude Will (seattlest.com)
- Last Chance to Win Tickets to Lebowski Fest Seattle! (seattle.metblogs.com)