What the Whuffie?
Whuffie is a term used to explain social capital in a new book called The Whuffie Factor by Tara Hunt. I am reading this book now and it is a really interesting look at how social capital is playing an increasing role in business today and how social media connects people and helps to build social capital. I think the community that has grown around IheartPGH definitely has some Whuffie factor too. Learn more about the book at TheWhuffieFactor.com
What does this have to do with Karaoke?
Tara and her friends are on a cross country road trip in an RV with a karaoke machine and they are making a stop in
Pittsburgh this Saturday.
The story unfolds….Five friends: Tara Hunt, Tony Bacigalupo, Alex Hillman, Emma Persky, Karen Hartline plus their furry friend Ridley load up a moving truck and RV with Tara’s worldly possessions and a karaoke machine — complete with costumes and stage — and venture across America, starting in San Francisco and ending in Montreal.
Learn more about the story of Whuffaoke at Whuffaoke.com
Whuffaoke in Pittsburgh
More about the event on the Techburger blog
More ways to Connect
- Follow Whuffaoke on Twitter @whuffaoke
- Check out Tara Hunt’s blog HorsePigCow and follow her on twitter @missrogue
Read more about whuffie…
- Whuffaoke or Bust: RWW’s Road Trip Resources (readwriteweb.com)
- A Week With Whuffie and Parellel Economies (kylelacy.com)
- Managing Your Social Capital (drinkingoatmealstout.com)
- Building Social Capital (agentgenius.com)
- Learn the 3 Levels of Whuffie (activerain.com)
- The Whuffie Powered Search Engine (oneriot.com)
- PDF2009. Building The Social Economy: Craigbucks, Newmarks, and Making Whuffie (webmetricsguru.com)
- Get Your Whuffie Together (blogs.msdn.com)
- Twitter, Whuffie and Digital Feudalism (broadstuff.com)