AIR = Artist Image Resource – a super awesome resource for anyone interested in printmaking. I taught myself to screenprint in a dark Pittsburgh basement because no one had told me about AIR. This place is a great place to learn about printmaking and screenprinting.
AIR is an artist-run organization that integrates the production of fine art printwork with innovative educational programs that explore the creative process. AIR provides print and imaging services to professional artists and educators. Our goal is to maintain an active and vital imaging laboratory that supports artists and facilitates creative activity.
SATURDAY JUNE 27 is the AIR SUPER-SUMMER-BEACH-FUN-TIME-PARTY
at AIR – 518 Foreland St. on the North Side
It’s time! Tiki torches, sand to sink your feet into, small pools of cool water, the occasional head band and YOU! Saturday June 27th from 4 -11pm start your summer at AIR!! with $5 at the door getting you
- BUDAI the dj from 4:30-6pm pulling from air supply to slayer, budai will eat you
- DANI unleashing ‘Dani Time’ at 7pm there is only one dani there is only one ‘dani time’
- DAMARA ROSE BADILA MOON at 8pm http://www.myspace.com/damararosebadilamoon
- DJ THERMOS at 9pm currently workin on translating his instrumental music into a live performance by banging on buttons, pads, levers, and knobs. He’s also 1/2 of the rap group Therm&Soul http://www.myspace.com/djthermostat
- COLIN AND THE SHOTS at 9:45pm They say swamp rock, we say the reason why you breathe. Always a good time!
- OUR LOVE PROJECT at 10:45pm www.myspace.com/deliciouspastries
grilling by Craig ‘dr grillenstein’ Seder working up veggies, hamburgers, hot dogs (vegetarian friendly versions available) for everyone from 5 – 9pm. there’s talk of a mountain of cole slaw too – think double dare minus the flag.
water, soda, lemonade = liquid summer plus the finest east end varieties on tap!
HANDS ON SCREENPRINTING
of beach summer fun!! bring your beach towels! bring your shirts! we’re printing big and small on paper and fabric from 4 to 8pm.
AND ON VIEW IN THE GALLERIES-A VISUAL HISTORY OF THE GEORGE W. BUSH PRESIDENCY
a traveling print portfolio of 15 different artists’ critical take on 15 different moments of the George W. Bush Administration’s tenure, as well as selections from the SEEING RED PORTFOLIO printed at Artists Image Resource in 2006.
PLUS the AIR artist submitted T-SHIRT RAFFLE!! one of a kind transformed threads on display throughout the AIR gallery. raffle tickets for $1. winners pulled at 10:45pm that night