Image via Wikipedia
Pittsburgh has been getting very serious about coffee in the past couple of years. The coffee shops around the city are not only great places for coffee but have become hubs of different neighborhoods. Some of the local coffee shops have come together to form PACA – Pittbsurgh Area Coffee Association.The PACA website is PittsburghCoffee.org, which includes a map of local coffee shops and a listing of coffee blogs.This weekend Pittsburgh will host the Mid-Atlantic & Northeast Regional Barista Competition. This is kind of like the iron-chef of coffee making. Baristas from 11 different states will be competiting for fame and prizes. Check out some of the baristas from Tazzo D’oro who are experience competitors and bloggers. The competition is free to attend. They will be selling deserts to accompany the coffee – all proceeds benefit the Greater Pittsburgh Communty Food Bank.Friday, Satruday & Sunday, Feb. 6-8, 2009 11am-5pm daily (Complete Schedule here) @ Pittsburgh Marriot North in Cranberry More on the competition:
- Espresso Throwdown Preview ’09 @ 21st Street Coffee Blog
- Post-Gazette Article on the competitions @ Tazzo D’Oro blog
- check out their Super Bowl pictures here.
- Are Your Ready for Some Espresso? @ Aldo Coffee Blog
- Watch Ed Wethii from Kiva Han and Ken Zeff of Crazy Mocha talk to John Delano on KDKA here.
- Follow the Barista Competition on Facebook here.