Speaking of Pamela's, Obama picks Pamela's Diner and the Steelers
Photo Credit Dunand/AFP/GETTY via Rolling Stone
I was just sitting here talking with a friend who had just returned from Pamela’s for lunch about how the banana chocolate chip pancakes are amazing. Then during the end of the White House Daily Briefing which was running on CNN one of the reporters asked White House Press secretary who President Obama will support in the super bowl. Robert Gibbs replied that the best breakfast they had on the campaign was at a place in Pittsburgh that they visited with Dan Rooney. You can’t here Gibbs say Pamela’s but a quick google search brings up this photo of the Obamas and Dan Rooney at the Pamela’s in the Strip District.
Photo from Daylife.
I have to agree – Pamela’s is pretty amazing. As we were discussing the amazing hot cakes – I was remembering how my friends from Brooklyn who came to check out Pittsburgh last March described the chocolate-chip banana hotcakes – Mark took a bite and pointed at the plate “that is something special.” I was visiting a good Pittsburgh friend in Brooklyn last weekend and we had a lovely brunch at Relish. The brunch was good and Relish is a great place in a remodeled diner – but if you want an omelet or hotcakes I think Pamela’s is the best. The photo to the right is my friend from Brooklyn eating Pamela’s hotcakes.
Read some other blog reviews about Pamela’s
- Mandy has the pancakes for lunch
- Napoleon feels this was a delicious way to spend $10
- I would like to give this blog post an award for showing so much love
- Pittsburgh Paula made a visit to Pamela’s during her 2nd week in Pittsburgh
- Jovon Evert who is on tour with Spamalot writes about his stop at Pamela’s during his visit to Pittsburgh
- a great look at how to spend a few days in Pittsburgh