Image via WikipediaI wanted to highlight this event for a few reasons
- Nature Photography Bingo sounds like a great idea – Participants will be given a disposable camera and a bingo board with items found in nature, and can work alone or in groups to photograph the items and complete the boards. At the end of the event, the ETC students will collect the cameras, print the photos, and distribute newsletters, asking participants to judge the photos based on artistic merit. The event will be a fun, active afternoon in the park, and with fall foliage at its peak, a chance to get some great photographs.
- Seniors are Super – I have blogged about family events, singles events so why not blog about Seniors events. Pittsburgh is a great place to retire and there are tons of great activites here for Seniors too.
- Playground of the Future – this project is part of some of the research that CMU students are doing for the Playground of the Future. You can learn more about the project here and here.
Nature Photography Bingo
Saturday, October 25 at 1:00 p.m.
Frick Park’s Blue Slide Playground area (at the intersection of Beechwood Blvd. and Nicholson St.)
Some more blog reading about disposbale cameras:
- HOW TO – Turn an instant camera into an emergency strobe
- Digital Camera Forces You to Recycle By Witholding Your Photos [Recycle]
- How To: Disposable Camera Belt Perfect for Chris Hanson Wannabes
- this is a look at how to add a disposable camera to your belt