You don’t really want to cook dinner on Sunday, you should gather your family and friends and head to your favorite Big Burrito establishment on Sunday, October 12, 2008 for the Big Benefit. 100% of all food sales on Sunday will go to support the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. I have long been a fan of Mad Mex which is still probably my most favorite place to dine in Pittsburgh. I have had the wonderful opportunity to get to know some of the good folks, (check out chef Bill Fuller’s blog here) at Big Burrito and I am an even bigger fan. The Big Burrito folks are true Pittsburgh lovers and they give generously to support Pittsburgh causes.
100% of all food sales from this night will go to local hunger relief organizations.
Our Pittsburgh restaurants will benefit the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. The GPCFB collects and distributes food via a 350+ member network throughout southwestern Pennsylvania, ranging from soup kitchens and food pantries to emergency and disaster related agencies.
Here is a list of Big Burrito establishments as well as some reviews from other bloggers:
- Soba – Shadyside
- Black and Gold World links to the New York Times 36 Hours in Pittsburgh
- Eleven – Strip District
- Stonesthrow – Greg is a fan of the drinks at Eleven
- Kaya – Strip District
- Casbah – Shadyside
- The Road of Life – this married couple visited Pittsburgh and described their dinner at Casbah as pretty awesome.
- Mad Mex – oakland, Greentree, Cranberry, Monroeville, North Hills
- Broad Manly’s Man Cave Blog gives Mad Mex a Full Six Pack Salute to Mad Mex