August 6 is Andy Warhol‘s birthday and yesterday he would have turned 80 years old. To celebrate Andy’s birthday – admission to the Warhol Musuem is just $0.80 (Free if you are 80 years old) on Saturday, August 9, 2008. Click here for details at Warhol.org
The Warhol Museum is a great place for a quick or long visit. Since admission is only $0.80 it is definitely worth stopping by to see whats new. I love the building, I like the art work – I really like the archives but those are closed for this year.
Warhol on MTV
Image via Wikipedia
Last year I learned that just before he died Andy Warhol had his own series on MTV – Andy Warhol’s Fifteen Minutes. When I wrote the post back in February of 2007 – I couldn’t find any clips of his show.
Lucky for me – The Warhol Museum will be showing the pilot and the first episode of the series on Saturday @ 3pm. Sadly the Warhol Museum website provide no other info about the film. Click here for the IMDB page – which doesn’t have much info either.
Here are some other blogs that wrote about Warhol’s 80th Birthday – it is really interesting to see how other people reflect on Andy Warhol:
- Born August 6: Andy Warhol @ Band of Thebes
- An artist is somebody who produces things that people don’t need to have. @ 2008 Artist Quote of the Day
- What to bring to Warhol’s Birthday Party @ slowlearning
- Happy Birthday, Andy @ Lip Smacking Wit
- Happy Birthday Andy Warhol @ Dog Art Today
- has a nice picture of Andy and his dog and some links to more Andy warhol animals
- Andy Warhol’s 80th Birthday @ Just a Modern Guy
- nice reflection on Andy Warhol and pop art.
- Happy Birthday, Andy! @ Atomic Librarian
- This blogger is based in AZ and has a nice mention of the book Andy’s nephew wrote A Visit With Uncle Andy
- Happy 80th Birthday Andy Warhol @ GuestofaGuest