I have seen posters for Amy’s Army before but I wasn’t really sure what this is all about. I had the opportunity to meet some of the volunteers from Amy’s Army this evening at Discover Pittsburgh. Amy is a 15 year old girl from Mt. Lebanon – she was diagnosed with Leukemia about 5 years ago but they have not found a bone marrow match. Amy’s Army is a group of volunteers who are working to get more people registered with the national bone marrow registry.
Getting registered is easy – it is a swab of your cheek and the kit can be sent right to your home or you can get registered when you give blood.
You can also support Amy’s Army by joining their Charity Bar Crawl this Saturday, May 17, 2008. The bar crawl is just $10 and everything benefits Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Info and Registration: CharityBarCrawl.com
The 2008 Charity Bar Crawl Schedule:
- 4 PM-5:30 PM REGISTRATION
- Shootz Cafe, 2305 East Carson Street
- 5:50 PM-6:30 PM
- The Library, 2302 East Carson Street
- Tiki Lounge, 2003 East Carson Street
- 7 PM-8 PM
- Casey’s Draft House,1811 East Carson Street
- Jekyl & Hyde’s,140 South 18th Street at Harcum Way
- 8 PM-9 PM
- Mario’s South Side Saloon, 1514 E Carson Street
- Carson City Saloon, 1401 East Carson Street
- 9 PM-10 PM
- Thirteen Eleven (1311),1311 East Carson Street
- Rumshakers, 1224 East Carson St. at South 12th St.
- 10 PM-11 PM
- Bar 11,1101 Bradish St, (Corner of South 11th St. & Bradish St.)