Tuesday, April 22 is a big big day here in Pittsburgh. It is Primary election day and it is EARTH DAY. Which provides an excellent excuse to think about recycling.
I think this event, reSoultion, at Fifth Avenue Place is an extra good idea because they giving you a chance to recycle something that you can’t normally recycle. Jeans will be turned into insulation, eye glasses will be sent to those who need them and sneakers will be turned into play ground sources. Just drop off your items and they are even giving away some earth friendly gifts too.
TUESDAY, APRIL 22 – FRIDAY, APRIL 25 10:00AM – 3:00PM
Redeem your used, unwanted personal and household items at the reSOLUTION Shop and receive a FREE Earth Day commorative item. The reSOLUTION Shop will be collecting the following items throughout the week to be reused or recycled for new people and purposes:
- Denim Jeans
- Recycled into UltraTouch natural cotton fiber insulation by Bonded Logic Inc. For more information on denim & recycling, please visit: www.accesscotton.com
- Donated to the Lions Club for use in third-world countries
- Ink Toner Cartidges, PDAs,
- Recycled by Office Depot, Downtown
- Re-chargable Batteries
- Cell Phones
- Collected by Verizon to support local women’s shelters
- Recycled into eco-friendly sports surfaces. Athletic shoes ONLY – No cleats or dress shoes.