WQED has a poll on their websites for the best restaurants in Pittsburgh. This is your chance to vote for what you think are the best restaraunts in town. Click here to cast your votes – you get to enter anything you want, no check boxes here. This is a great way to help support some of your favorite local businesses. I have no idea why they need categories for best chain – so I suggest you skip that one. This list is also missing a category for coffee shop – which I think is an important thing to recognize. Here are some of my answers:
- AMERICAN: Cappy’s – I love the pretzel sticks
- BARGAIN: The Pretzel Shop
- CONTINENTAL: Does anyone actually still use this term?
- DOWNTOWN LUNCH: Franktuary – Hot dogs, fancy potato chips, wifi, awesome.
- MEXICAN: MadMex – because they celebrate important holidays like ground hog day and leap year.
- MICROBREWERY: East End Brewing – while this is a brewery not a restaraunt, they definitly do amazing things with beer.
- OUTDOOR DINING: Harris Grill – Definitely the best patio – letting you draw with chalk was an added bonus
- POST-THEATER DINING: Palate – Pittsburgh is very lucky to have this place
- PRE-THEATER DINING: Palate – trust me, its tasty
- SPORTS BAR: The Sharp Edge – Sports with out being too crazy (and its smoke free!)
- BEST OVERALL: The Union Project Cafe – I give this the best because this place is all around awesome – amazing food, wonderful people, great cause, great new chef.
Agree? Disagreee? please share your thoughts and favorites in the comments