Happy Birthday Pittsburgh! – 2008 is Pittsburgh’s 250 birthday. It is
a whole year of events to celebrate all over the region. Major bike
race across the state of PA coming this summer. TourofPA.com for more info.
- Chicago’s famous sketch comedy troupe comes to Pittsburgh
- Special show commissioned for Pittsburgh’s 250th Birthday
- Jan 8 – 13, Call Becky at Pittsburgh Public Theater for tickets – 412-316-1600.
- Brad Yoder, voted Pittsburgh’s best solo artisit for 4 of the past 5 years will be preforming at Franktuary for lunch today.
- Try one of their steelers themed hot dogs – Roethlisfurteror the Pola(malu)nesian.
Things to do inside this winter…
- Pub Quiz Night at the brillobox
- Every Wednesday 9-11pm, prizes for the top 3 teams
- Scrabble Clubs
- Pittsburgh has 2 local official Scrabble clubs
- Squirrel Hill club meets on Wednesadys
- Mt Lebanon Club meets on Saturdays
- More info at PGHScrabble.com
Things to look forward to…Coming in February FrostBurn
– the Burning Man of PA. This looks to be a big winter version of the
famous Burning Man festival that takes place in the desert every year.
More details to come at FrostBurnPGH.com