I first came across Aldo Coffee Company last year when I started IheartPGH.com, I didn’t link to Aldo because technically they are not in the city of Pittsburgh. Yes, work has called me outside of the city limits and I was in need of an urban haven. Aldo Coffee Company meets, actually exceeds, all of my requirements for a good coffee shop so it is worth mentioning. I darted into Aldo Coffee Company last week in search of the elusive free wireless connection, the barista’s weren’t sure if the telerama wireless had been converted in to free wireless. I opened up my computer and BAM – I am online. The owner came around and we started talking about blogs.
There are so many reasons that Aldo Coffee Shop is worth a visit, I need to make a list.
- Darn Nice People – I talked to the owner, I talked to the barista’s everyone here is super nice and helpful. A big thank you for the wonderful latte – which has a heart on top of the foam, which leads us to reason number 2…
- Latte Art – Art and Coffee shops go together
- Steelers Latte Art, oh yes, you read that correctly, Steelers Latte Art –
- Excellent Food Selection – as someone who spends many a meal time at coffee shops, I am always thrilled to find a place that has fresh food, salads, resonable portion sizes (yes you can order 1/2 sandwich!), and reasonable prices.
- Smoothies with REAL Fruit – This is a big one for me. I strive for 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. This has become even more difficult with the recent spinach ban. Many establishments have smoothies, few actually use fruit.
- Cannoli Bar – I am not even sure I like cannoli, but I really think I would like cannoli, and they have all sorts of custom made cannoli here.
- Support Local Businesses – They do, I had a great chat with the owner who was on his way to Squirell Hill for a coffee shop field trip.
- Free Wireless – Thank goodness, this is near impossible to find free wireless outside of the east end.
- The Aldo Coffee Co Blog – Web2.0 meets coffee shop – Even IheartPGH.com has been mentioned in the blog!
- Belly Dancing – Tomorrow (Friday) Night they have live Belly Dancing
- Take the T – Aldo is located right near the T-stop. Yeah for public transportation! A great destination for your next public transportation field trip!
So if you are a suburban resident, take a break from Starbucks and visit Aldo, I have yet to find a Starbucks that offers Belly Dancing. If you are a die hard urbanite and find your self stranded in Mt. Lebanon, you can find an urban haven at Aldo.