What’s the best bar in Pittsburgh? My vote goes to Duke’s, located in that no-man’s land between North Oakland and Bloomfield. Why?
1) It’s dirt cheap.
2) The clientele is a mix of tattooed lowlives, bicycle punks, homeless people, and grad students.
3) The jukebox isn’t exactly a music snob’s iPod, but for a bar, it’s good.
4) It’s dirt cheap. (amazingly, they carry good beer as well as the usual (delicious) crap– Arrogant Bastard or Franziskaner for way less than the Sharp Edge)
6) I’ve almost gotten into a fight there at least three times.
7) One time I roll in a midnight to find the bar packed with people, staring silently at the TV and watching… Lord of the Rings!
8) The current bartender looks like a short The Rock.