Tonight I went to see Alonzo King’s LINES Ballet at the Byham Theatre (the company does not reside Pittsburgh, but I’ll let it go.) There were numerous heart moments, so I shall consolidate:
1) The doorman with the neat moustache and facial hair greeted me. He rocks it.
2) I think I sat next to someone whom I knew in middle school. (If you are reading this, Person, forgive me for not saying anything. It’s just like, been a while.)
3) The performance was inspiring, and Pittsburghers asked really great questions at the ‘talk back’ session with Mr. King afterwards.
4) Downtown was hoppin’ after the show! The Pirates game had let out at the same time, there was a delightful throng of college kids with the cheap seats and old money crowding the streets.
5) Later in the evening, I attended a friend’s birthday (downtown*, of course) and saw more faces I haven’t seen in over 2 years, and made some wonderful new acquaintances. Who needs Friendster when you have Pittsburgh?**
6) I drove home listening to some wicked drum’n’bass on the late night public radio tip. (I forgot to mention in my WYEP that the music gets much more interesting after midnight.)
* Downtown: the new Lawrenceville. Or the new Garfield. I don’t know, I can’t keep it straight.
** That said, I Heart PGH has a Friendster profile – you know you wanna get up in the action. Myspace and all that jazz coming soon.